Chicken Cordon Bleu
Recipe type: Main
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices smoked deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4-6 tablespoons melted butter - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix together cornflake crumbs, flour, and seasonings and set aside.
- With meat mallet, pound out chicken breasts to a ¼ inch thickness.
- On one half of the breast, place 2 slices of ham, and 2 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Fold other half of chicken breast over cheese and ham.
- Pour buttermilk into medium bowl.
- Dip each breast in buttermilk, coating all sides and shake off excess milk.
- Dredge chicken breasts in cornflake mixture and place in baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter, cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Turn oven to 400, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
Serving size: 4 ounces Calories: 621.99 Fat: 24.64 Saturated fat: 13.82 Unsaturated fat: 8.76 Trans fat: .47 Carbohydrates: 49.59 Sugar: .62 Sodium: 887.11 Fiber: 1.85 Protein: 47.93 Cholesterol: 149.87
Recipe by The Backyard Chicken Farmer at http://thebackyardchickenfarmer.com/chicken-cordon-bleu/