Cheesy Bacon Deviled Eggs
Recipe type: Side
Serves: 24 Egg Halves
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijonnaise mustard
- ½ - 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cool hard boiled eggs in ice water then peel off shells. Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in small bowl. Place egg white halves in serving dish.
- Mash yolks with a fork until they are crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and pickle juice and mix until yolks are creamy.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper, bacon, cheese, and chives and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into small zip-lock bag, seal closed, and cut off tip of one corner of the bag, about ¼ to ½ inch or large enough for yolk mixture to flow through easily.
- Squeeze yolk mixture from bag into to egg white halves, much like you would use a pastry bag.
- Sprinkle tops of filled egg white halves with paprika.
- Refrigerate eggs for 1 to 2 hours or until well chilled.
Recipe by The Backyard Chicken Farmer at http://thebackyardchickenfarmer.com/cheesy-bacon-deviled-eggs/